NAA - CALL TO ACTION
IMMEDIATE NEED FROM NAA!!!!!
NAA has a CALL TO ACTION – Please take a moment and sent your letter today! This is extremely important for our industry. NAA has made it so simple that you just have to complete a few boxes and it will send the letter directly to our Senators.
COVID-19 continues to be an enormous challenge for our nation and our industry. Congress needs to pass relief for the rental housing industry and fix a number of problems in the CARES Act.
Contact your Member of Congress and demand Congress protect apartment communities!
Congress needs to:
- Create an emergency rental assistance program for those who are impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and struggle to cover housing expenses.
- Better tailor the CARES Act eviction moratorium provision and safeguard owners’ ability to effectively manage their communities.
- Allow more housing providers access to mortgage forbearance and ensure fairness and flexibility in its terms.
- Provide financial assistance for property-level financial obligations such as property taxes or insurance payments and extend credit to multifamily mortgage servicers.
- Expand the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program to include all multifamily businesses.
A recently introduced bill would suspend rent payments. This is NOT what we need! Send your message to Congress today! There are tens of thousands of rental housing owners, operators and property management firms.
NAA is undertaking this effort as part of a broad coalition of rental housing providers representing the entire industry.
If all of us make our voices heard, we can secure the relief that is desperately needed.